“Blog this” from flickr to the Textpattern Blog
Wow, there! Now I can contact to Flickr with my Textpattern Blog, that’s kind of cool thing for me. You know, I was trying to figure out how I can use the “Blog this” of Flickr, but after looking around the settings of my account carefully, I failed with it, nothing about Textpattern is shown on the “blog” list.
But by accidentally, I found that there’s a “XML-RPC server” setting in the textpattern Preference, I just wondered what it’s about, then I followed this and this link. Then I can set my textpattern blog up to flickr(blog this) after I enabled the XML-RPC server.
You can simply do the following steps:
- log in to the admin side of your textpattern site
- visit the “Advanced” page in the “Admin > Preferences” tab
- Set “Enable XML-RPC server?” to “Yes” and hit “Save”
- Then go log into your flickr account page, select the “Extending Flickr” tab on the right
- Find the “your blogs” section, click “Edit”
- Then click “Add another blog” to get into “Add a blog” page
- You’d see “What kind of weblog do you have?”, choose “MetaWeblogAPI Enabled Blog” or “BloggerAPI Enable Blog” from the dropdown list
- Enter your RPC link, which is like this: http://www.yoursite.com/rpc/, your login user name and password, click OK to get into next page
- Now choose a section as your blog for posting a flickr photo to go to from “Weblog” dropdown menu on the “Choose a weblog” page
- After done checking your details, click “All done” button then all are done really!
Please note this:
- Choosing “MetaWeblogAPI Enabled Blog” or “BloggerAPI Enable Blog”, either one is OK, I’ve tested with both of them, well, I didn’t know what the difference is between them. I choose “MetaWeblogAPI Enabled Blog” as my recommendation.